Yamaha XLT1200 D-Plate and Catalytic Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha XLT1200 D-Plate and Catalytic Converter

There have been many posts about this topic but I still havent found what Im looking for so heres what I need to know (pictures are very welcome):

1.) What does a catalytic converter look like and where EXACTLY is it on the rear exhaust assembly?

2.) How do I know if I have a D-Plate already installed?

The reason for the '10 seconds of clarity' is because I think my Cat-Con is about to eat it.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Re: Yamaha XLT1200 D-Plate and Catalytic Converter

I'm going to reply, because it seems no one replies around here. I've got a question thats been up a while that I can't get answered.

As far as the D-plate, its located right behind the rubber junction point that connects the front and rear portions of the exhaust. Take out the front portion of the exhaust, remove the six bolts behind the rubber junction and the cat will slide out. It looks like a massive honeycomb filter. 5" diameter by 5" long. There's really no way to tell if you already have a D-plate installed. Most go out at around 70 to 80 hours. Very simple install. After install, it sounds no different and performs no different. It just takes care of ever having that issue again. Only other thing you may want to do, is get a sensor box that keeps your exhaust alrm from sounding off. I just push my mode button when it goes off and not worry about. It cost roughly 20 bucks.

Comment

When you install the D-Plate you NEED to install a resistor on the EGT sensor on the pipe. a 1k ohm resistor, soldered to the female end of the connector. This allows the ski to think the exhaust temp is always around 900 degrees.

or buy this:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=118
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thank you for all your help. I sincerely hope someone has an answer to your question and will provide you with such like you have me.

Comment

Thank you for the additional support. Safe riding bro.

Comment

Working...
          X