How did your engine die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did your engine die?

This is a short poll asking how your last engine died.
    Water ingestion
    10.53%
    Oil pump or line failure
    10.53%
    Ran out of oil
    5.26%
    Internal part failure/wear
    57.89%
    Air leak
    0.00%
    Improper prior repair
    5.26%
    Clogged carbs/bad fuel
    10.53%
    Last edited by Technical Support; 07-08-2004, 04:24 PM.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Re: How did your engine die?

jeez, how often do engines fail?
    -Andrew

Comment

Very often, in PWC's.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Here's how my motor took a dump.
        Trying to get the last 0.000001MPH I leaned out the carbs a bit much , combined with a bad "air" day detonation took out the piston.
        Not bad for 180 hours of HARD use if you ask me and if I didn't get greedy I'm sure the motor had a ton of hours left in it.
        Now it's time to go bigger and better and show all those who think the Yamaha power valve motor is junk a thing or 3.
        That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
        <a href="http://users.belgacom.net/treets_reservesite/dubdub.html" target="_blank">http://users.belgacom.net/treets_reservesite/dubdub.html</a>

Comment

You forgot the "not sure" entry. :)

But I am assuming that it was due to debris in the case from the guy I bought it from not doing a thorough job of a top-end rebuild.But I wasnt there when it started acting up,I was off getting fuel.Came back,and the GF's bro was packing up his stuff,and I here his kids talking (its broke,we cant ride no more),so I decide to see whats up.We're down at Tierre Verde,so I coast out towards the channel...Then she dies...Hard locked...clunk..clunk.A good distance from the beach,I am watching him continue packing his stuff up.(thinkin"this bish overrevved it off a wake like I told him not to")Anyways,pulled the head,saw that rear piston had debris on top. Broken rod...Looked like it was pretty hot before it snapped.

So I am not completely sure what happened...The fact that he was racing off before I could get back to shore made me a lil suspicious(and pissed)..But hey...My money,his loss....he will never ride or drive anything I own again.

Just wish he could have been hohest with me and tell me what exactly happened.That would have helped with my diagnosis.

Oh Well

Edit:I will vote the internal parts damage
          Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Have not fully addresed cause yet as I am not yet finished working on my other waverunner.
            I bellieve it was a pre existing problem as she farted out on me durring originel ride.
            75 hours 99 GP1200.
            Previous owner had BR7HS plugs in it not BR8HS.
            Running at WOT died and then ran but backfired back to dock through no wake.
            Pulled plugs and one was closed up.
            Pulled the head and the rest is history.
            Top of piston had debree imbedded in it top ring was brocken and top of piston on one side was missing.
            Head was full of debree and one side of piston was marked up where ring had busted.
            Getting rebored cylinder and new head and piston.
            SCOTT...

Comment

Working...
            X